Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heart Wreath

So here it is, my first post! After posting a picture on Facebook of the heart wreath I made for Valentine's Day a lot of people asked me "how did you make that?" I don't take responsibility for this idea. I found it here Little Birdie Secrets I just used two different kinds of material to make mine.


This is MY finished wreath! Isn't it cute? I need to finish the second one and they will be hanging on my front doors.

You will need:
styrofoam shape (I obviously used a heart)
material (as many different kinds as you want or just one pattern, I used 2 patterns) about 3/4yd
ribbon
scissors
hot glue
all purpose glue
glue gun
pencil
ruler


Instructions:

1. Cut material into 2 inch squares
2. Using the glue gun, glue a loop of ribbon on the back of your shape (I tied my ribbon an the end before gluing it on)

 3. Take a square of material and put it on the end of the pencil. The back side of the material should be facing out.

4. Dip the end of the material into your all purpose glue.
5. Poke the pencil/material into the styrofoam. Leaving the material in the styrofoam and taking your pencil out
6. Continue until your shape is filled.
Happy (early) Valentine's Day!













No comments:

Post a Comment